Sunday, October 10, 2010

A word of thanks

To my fellow Canadians in blog world:  Happy Thanksgiving!

Fall colours are at their peak, it's starting to get cooler, and the birds are hauling ass outta town (wisely).  'Cause they know what's coming - but we're not going to think about that right now.  Because this is what it looks like outside today:


trees in my back yard

birds getting the "flock" outta town

not my pumpkin stand


Beautiful.

So at the risk of being a total sap or sounding like a kindergarten teacher, I'm feeling the need to express my gratitude today.  To give thanks, if you will, for all that I have.  Because even though I'm so tired I'm having trouble focusing right now, I have so much to be thankful for I could cry.  Truly.  Here we go (in no particular order):

I'm thankful.....
  • that I live in the most beautiful country in the world, and I have the freedom to express myself
  • for the 2 wonderful men in my life - one big, one little
  • for all my family and friends
  • for my health, and my family's health
  • for my home
  • for food, and wine (again, no particular order)
  • that I am able to be home with my son and not at work, even though it's making us poor
  • and lastly, that I've finally found the piece that had been missing from my life - that which has allowed me to find new meaning and happiness everyday - motherhood.
There are days, I'll admit, when I forget to be damned grateful for all that I have.  When I feel envious of others.  When I wish I had more, better, different.  And I have to stop and remind myself how fortunate I am. 

But not today.  Today, I feel nothing but gratitude.  And love.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment