Tuesday, July 5, 2011

All kinds of cute

I know that people must get tired of hearing parents boast about how wonderful their own children are, but I'm going to anyway.  I have the cutest kid ever.  And he just gets cuter every day.

Now that he's talking a little more he's starting to string 2 or 3 words together.  This week he started saying, "Thank you mommy" when I hand him something (only it sounds like "tayne-too mommy").  How freakin' cute is that?  My heart just melts every time.  I randomly hand him things just to hear him say it.

Another favourite is one he just started saying on his own..."no way".  Not as a refusal but like, as an exclamation if you can imagine it.  Only he raises the pitch at the end so it sounds like a question - "No way?!".  I can't do it justice writing about it this way, but I can't get over how adorable it is.

The other thing he started to do recently is call us "honey" - I guess because my husband and I call each other honey sometimes.  He'll call me from the other room, "Unnie?  Unnie!?" (he hasn't quite figured out "h" yet) - I crack up every time. 

And he's learning to sing too.  He misses most of the words but just jabbers on with the music (and he does fairly well with the tune surprisingly) and he'll throw in the odd word at the end of a phrase if he knows it.  Like with Old McDonald he usually jumps in for the E-I-E-I-O right on time.  And with Ring Around the Rosie he knows just when "we all fall down!".  I'm pretty sure this doesn't impress anyone other than me and my husband, but like I said...he's just so darn cute.

Of course being a little sponge isn't always a good thing.  I'm now painfully aware of how often I say "shit".  Because every time I do he repeats it (and sometimes even when I don't...).  I really need to clean up my potty mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment