Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snow stinks

Well, I don't know what the weather is doing where you are but here in Central Ontario it JUST KEEPS SNOWING.  We used to be snowmobilers (aka 'sledheads'), but when I got pregnant "we" decided that our money would be better spent on more practical family things.  Subsequently, the wintertime has lost some most all of it's appeal. 

I had a fantastic idea and decided to get the little guy a sled for Christmas.  I thought we could get out for walks and enjoy the snow a bit.  It has a weather shield so I figured if I bundled him up he'd be plenty warm.  It looks like this:
The first time we put him in it he had a total meltdown and we didn't get out of the driveway.  We tried again today - it was beautiful and sunny and we were all in better moods.  This time we had a little more success and managed to make it a couple of blocks before the screaming started.  He was cold, I think, but he wouldn't let me zip up the weather shield because it freaked him out.  So we had to take turns carrying him home instead (and let me tell you, a 25 lb toddler with snow gear on gets heavy FAST). 

So I'm back to hating this snowy mess we're in.  The only thing keeping me from wishing the winter away is knowing that I have to go back to work in the spring.  Every time I think about it I feel sick.  Or like crying.  I have no doubt that I'll have a harder time with this than the baby will. 

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous, I wish it would snow here! That sled with the weather guard thing is awesome, btw. I have never seen that before, it's such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ the princess: ya I guess I shouldn't complain. I did appreciate having a white Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete